Tweet Up is a free and informative event for local people and it doesn’t matter if you are new to Social Media or an experienced Tweeter, it is open to everybody and is regularly attended by various local businesses, offering the opportunity to network online as well as face to face. It is a unique networking event where you’re encouraged to be on your phone or laptop, tweeting throughout, #BYOD (bring your own device) and the event continues online by using the hashtag #hfdtwtup
This event was attended by over 30 local business people who arrived around 6pm and were welcomed by staff at Kidwells House and offered a selection of teas, coffee, water and lots of homemade cakes. Our cakes caused quite a stir! With a selection of fairy cakes and lemon drizzle cakes provided by Kidwells House and speaker Claire made Gluten and Dairy Free Flapjack and Chocolate Brownie which was a real hit with attendees. Cakes were decorated with our personalised cake flags #hfdtwtup, a little finishing touch and hopefully a way of remembering the hashtag to help build a community on Twitter.
It was a huge risk for us all as streaming live to YouTube. After all it is all relatively new technology and still at the learning stage! We had some small technical issues at the start but we are thrilled to announce that we succeeded in capturing Managing Director of V8 Media presenting to us her Top Tips for using LinkedIn for business. The presentation can be viewed here http://bit.ly/1iihoO and if you have any further questions to ask Claire about LinkedIn please get in touch through Twitter @Claire_V8Media or @kidwellshouse and use the hashtag #hfdtwtup. Claire offered really interesting ideas gained from being a LinkedIn user for over 10years! She summarised the presentation with the following tips
- Aim to have an intermediate or all-star profile
- Use the search facility to find new contacts
- Stay in touch with contacts by utilizing the main features of LinkedIn (available on all accounts)
- Use the blogging facility
- Give recommendations, endorse others and encourage others to give back recommendations to you, this is a great way to stay proactive
- Follow blogs and influential people such as Richard Branson or Alan Sugar
- Go to the Pulse every day and scan blogs for articles of interest and use
- Utilise the groups to find out about other people on LinkedIn
- Keep your profile up to date and follow the tips offered on your LinkedIn page at the top or down the right hand side
- Use it as a tool to follow up after attending networking events and use tags
- Use the interests section for top tips and ideas
A few questions were asked at the end of Claire’s presentation and if you want to see these and the whole presentation please look at the video here http://bit.ly/1iihoOl and let us know if you have any feedback, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to attend our next Tweet Up please get in touch with Amanda at Kidwells House through Twitter @kidwellshouse or email info@kidwellshouse or telephone 01432 270313. We’d love to hear from you.