It’s National Parks Week which is an annual celebration of everything that is unique and wonderful about Britain’s breathing spaces. It runs from Monday 25 to Sunday 31 July 2016.
The theme for National Parks Week 2016 is adventure. With diverse landscapes, activities and events there’s an adventure waiting at whatever scale suits you! And aren’t we lucky to have the wonderful Brecon Beacons National Park on our doorstep.
The Brecon Beacons National Park is the youngest of the three national parks in Wales. Established in 1957 it covers 520 square miles and offers a host of events and activities for you and your family to partake in and enjoy, with an added bonus of beautiful views and scenery.
Here are just a couple of facts below of many from the park:
- Prince Charles has his Welsh residence at the western edge of the park near Myddfai
- There really are sheep everywhere-with around 1250 farms within the park
- Britain’s largest breeding population of lesser horseshoe bats can be found in the Usk Valley.
We have included a list of what’s on offer below which you may find useful:
- Abseiling & Rock climbing
- Go Underground
- Cycling & Mountain Biking
- Horse Riding & Trekking
Brecon Beacons National park is just over an hour’s drive from Kidwells Guest House