Customer Privacy Notice
Kidwells House understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our customers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Email address;
- Vehicle registration number
- Telephone number;
- Business name;
- Biometrics & passport where required;
- Payment information;
- Information about your preferences and interests;
Your personal data is collected directly from you as our customer. We may also obtain information from other third parties providing services in connection with the operation of our online booking system.
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your booking.
- Personalising, analysing and tailoring our services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email or post that you have opted-in to.
- Complying with legal, accounting and reporting obligations
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news, and offers. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and necessary Electronic Communications legislation and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reasons for which it was first collected. The following factors will be used to determine how long your data is kept; to discharge contractual, legal, accountancy or other record or reporting requirements.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
The security of your personal data is essential to us, and to protect your data, we take a number of important measures to ensure your data is kept safe such as encryption, anti-virus, high level password security, restricted access and cloud based programmes with inbuilt security settings together with appropriate on-site security measures
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
We may share your personal data with other companies in our group of monitoring purposes. We may also contract with the following third parties to supply certain products services. These may include payment processing, delivery of services, legal, accountancy, IT and data security, payroll and HR services, booking platforms and marketing. In some cases, those third parties may require access to some or all of your personal data that we hold.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown below.
For more information on your rights please request a copy of our Subject Access Request Procedure.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
- Email address: email@example.com
- Telephone number: 01432 270 313.
- Postal Address: 5-13 Newtown Road, Hereford HR4 9LH
Kidwells House is a trading name for Alberta Properties (Hereford) Limited.
Company number 04090358
9 Newtown Road, Hereford HR4 9LH